Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Turnberry Lighthouse"



9 x 12 oil on panel

please email sadiedavis7@comcast.net for purchase information

after spending the whole day watching the british open i knew i had to paint turnberry- every tv on the house is on and i've been working and watching and fondly remembering our trip there...i think we went about 1995 - and that winding creek that many of them keep landing in - that's very familiar to me! - my ball landed in there and while i was trying to retrieve it, my camera fell out of my pocket into the water. my caddy was such a gallant man- he waded in and, to my surprise and delight, found my camera and returned it to me with a huge grin - this particular caddy was sober, i think, unlike the ones we had at prestwick.

the lighthouse pictured here is the birthplace of robert the bruce, if you remember the movie braveheart...that was old robert! it's located near the 10th tee, my hubby tells me - (it was so long ago and i've slept since then)....but this course is glorious and the turnberry hotel was wonderful!! - i loved the bed - i absolutely LOVED it- i would have dragged it home with me - so high and firm (i think something about horsehair) and the sheets - !! - to die for!! we played courses in scotland and ireland and i have lots and lots of pictures - some of them a bit weird after my camera got wet - but that added to the mystery - we had such a good time!! and i just may do a bunch of golf paintings now that i'm fired up with the memory of it all....

No comments:

Post a Comment