Friday, October 25, 2013

sneaking up...and delivered my commission...

30x30 oil on gallery wrap
so I finally delivered my commission today...david force commissioned me to paint his two dogs and his twin daughters...a birthday present for his wife, cindy.  it's always a little scary presenting a commissioned piece..or pieces...never having met any of the subjects, i was truly going by each photo and the seat of my pants!...but i'm happy to say, he seemed really pleased..and now he only needs to find a place for them.  after lunch with some of my best girlfriends, I headed back to the studio this afternoon...sneaking up on this very large peony...from my friend Lillian's back yard...I did a very small version of this several years ago but thought it lended itself to this large format very well..all palette knife and of course not done but getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment