Thursday, November 28, 2013

here's what i've been working on...and happy thanksgiving...



18x24 oil on stretched canvas
so this is one thing i've been working on...since it's so large it's taken me several days...I'm really liking how it's turning out...I've shown the way i started at the top..toned the canvas with orange since there were going to be a lot of blues..(complimentary)..and I always like a little of the canvas showing through..I've also placed  my darkest darks and my lightest lights as a road map to go by...in the next photo I'm starting to cover the canvas..it's important to get the canvas covered and work all over the canvas at once..not falling in love with any one spot or part of the whole...when a happy accident happens..i run with it..this will be going to my midland gallery in carmel next Tuesday.  I was able to work today since we're not having our family gathering until Saturday..tomorrow i'll get more organized for that but I wanted to say happy thanksgiving to everyone today!...we sure have a lot to be thankful for!



No comments:

Post a Comment