Thursday, January 1, 2015

30 in 30..Notre Dame Golden Dome

so this is a 10x8 oil painting of Notre Dame's Golden Dome.  this is the first painting in leslie saeta's 30 paintings in thirty days challenge...it actually needs some tweaking..tomorrow..and then this will be donated to my friend Jodi for a school fundraiser.  I grew up in South Bend..up the hill from leeper park..and I could climb to the very top of the tree in my back yard and see the golden dome across the treetops..i'm not sure how far away it actually was....probably at least ten miles..the very thought of climbing a tree at this point in my life gives me the willies...I have countless scars on my knees from falling out of many trees as a youngster!...I may post this again tomorrow but then again I need to be doing another small one..i have a large painting planned..zebras...I can't wait to get started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment