Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back home again.... "Fading Peonies"

6 x 6 oil on panel

we drove home yesterday through a couple separate huge rainstorms - are we ever going to be done with this rain??? - my neighbor says my peonies were absolutely gorgeous while we were gone - as were the beautiful purple flowers on a bush in the front that i don't know the name of..- and now all are gone...i think this is the latest in may we've ever been gone to georgia and i think this will be the last year for that!! - too much pretty stuff to miss -..anyway - i picked a few of the last of the peonies and took them up to the studio - i may do just one tomorrow - and then again, there may be some more peonies that will bloom - i'm new to this peony business - last year, they all blew off with a straight line wind event we had - sort of like a mini tornado...it's good to be back but as usual something is always amiss when we are tring to re-enter...this time it's no hot water..just as we're getting ready for our showers this evening..so we're heading to the hot tub!! -

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I hope your hot water is fixed by now. I know what you mean about missing the blooms. When I go to the coast in July I almost feel that I'm betraying my plants.

    ReplyDelete