Sunday, September 19, 2010

day after

well we had a great time with doug david! - he was very knowledgeable and actually made me do something i've been meaning to do for a long time...break down my colors into values..so we had a lot of paint on our canvas and a lot of luscious light values...sort of like an array of ice cream...or cotton candy...yummy...and so my paintings ended up very high key - bright and vivid - not so much like the actual landscape we were looking at, however! i did buy a new holder for my paints..sort of an upright thing that holds the various values in different containers so i think it will make me much more organized in the long run. i'm not going to really get into it til after our cruise so the paint won't dry out. more on that later! i didn't get any photos of the workshop in progress but tomorrow i'll post the scene we were looking at and...maybe.....some of my stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment