Monday, June 14, 2010

IHA show

i went over to retrieve my paintings from the IHA show - i can truly see why my stuff didn't fit in, in that judges mind. most of the pieces were landscapes - brown county-type stuff - honoring the heritage of the area, as the title states. maybe 4 or 5 still-lifes, 2 roosters,one gorgeous figurative piece that won an award and the rest landscapes of some sort... i think they had 4 or 5 hundred entries and only 128 got in. it's a lovely show - lots of really good work..and as i was walking out the door with my stuff, a woman who had been in to see the show said"ooohh, i love that! - (talking about my painting of tillie in the garden titled "i want this flower"). it lifted my spirits and i walked away feeling happy!...plus, my lady from yesterday, as yet unnamed, has been spoken for! my old friend eric is buying it for his home in costa rica and i couldn't be more thrilled! i'm not sure how much i'll get to paint and post in the next week or so - we're heading to the lake thursday for the weekend and then next week i start an intensive workshop with 3 of the finest: c.w.mundy, david slonim and todd reifers...i am so psyched and i can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment